• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dr Diff Disc conversion kit and new brake lines

It looks to me like that caliper does not have the regular inverted flare seat. These old 4 piston types must use a different style nut. Or maybe some kind of adapter? Like this or similar???
Hose Line Fitting, 3an Male to 3/8
That's an interesting fitting but I will try Dr Diff's brake lines first and see if that works. Thanks for the information, I will save in my files if needed. Have you used this type of fitting?

That's an interesting fitting but I will try Dr Diff's brake lines first and see if that works. Thanks for the information, I will save in my files if needed. Have you used this type of fitting?
No, I just saw it while looking online. It may not be what you are needing..

Last time I called, about a month ago, he's only taking emails, no calls.
A couple weeks ago, I got an email back on Saturday eve only 3 minutes after I emailed him. Super responsive and helpful. I buy all I can from him.

First thing I tried and got the message on the voicemail. I sent the email as on the website there are quite a few drop downs you need to select from and since I am doing the conversion I just was not sure on what one to pick. I am kind of fed up with this car, so if I had paid money and waited and it arrived being the wrong thing because I picked it wrong I would probably close up the garage and not come back for a while.

So was trying to avoid it by getting the right thing from the place that sold it. My patience is thin with this thing gents. Its been no source of joy since I've had it and in 5 years I have driven it twice. Also have some issues with how the shop that did the body work treated it and me. So if I wouldn't take a huge loss selling it.. I probably would have washed my hands of it long ago. But too deep in it now.

As for my issue. Ended up ordering a line kit and will bend it myself. I originally was going to do it.. but with rebuilding the front end and the blasting and scale/rust removal I will have to do, I wanted something I could just toss in there and get it done. Thanks for everyone's input.
Using a stiff wire will help with routing and
bend locations before you actually bend the
lines. There's no substitute for a good quality flaring tool.
This chassis is all custom brake lines and
hoses. Not a kit, as the front is Ford and the
rear is Jeep. The parts were sourced from
five different vendors. Not a difficult job,
just time consuming. But it works well, and
a must is a complete list of part numbers
for replacements. Even if the vendor you're
dealing with seems to be uncooperative,
there are other sources to obtain the parts
you need to complete the system. Kits are
designed for convenience to save the leg
work.
As KD said....You can do can do this!
image001.jpg20180423_164922.jpg
20180328_091730.jpg20211227_151541_HDR.jpg20190108_101321.jpg

Last edited:
We were able to do the hand bending of some nickle-copper line and get it all in there. Just have to finish bleeding to be 100%

Good morning Big Bad Dad, Iread your post a few weeks ago and was waiting to see if the new brake tube jumper lines from Dr Diff would work before buying the fitting you suggested. Wel the lines did not work, they leak, so I just ordered the fitting you suggested. I'll let you know how it fts. Thank you for your help.

Good morning Big Bad Dad, Iread your post a few weeks ago and was waiting to see if the new brake tube jumper lines from Dr Diff would work before buying the fitting you suggested. Wel the lines did not work, they leak, so I just ordered the fitting you suggested. I'll let you know how it fts. Thank you for your help.
I don't know for sure that the "AN" type fitting will work in your caliper. I was suggesting that it might work, or possibly another similar fitting with the protruding cone. Surely there is a proper fitting for those old calipers. With all the Mopars I have owned over the years, I only had one with 4 piston disc brakes. That was a 68 Sport Satellite, and I sold it in 1981....

It looks to me like that caliper does not have the regular inverted flare seat. These old 4 piston types must use a different style nut. Or maybe some kind of adapter? Like this or similar???
Hose Line Fitting, 3an Male to 3/8
Hey Dean, your post got me curious enough to do a bit of research online. Found this, and maybe it will help you>
Restoring and tweaking 4-piston disc brakes
Snip from the article>
"The Bendix setup, as mentioned above, doesn't use a crossover tube, but it does use a small tube to connect the caliper to the flexible hose, unlike the K-H setup where the hose screws directly into the caliper. This length of tubing is, for some unknown reason, not flared with the usual double flare. Instead, it uses an oddball ISO bubble flare. If the tubing becomes damaged, or is heavily corroded, a new one can be had from Year One as catalog number A0717 (a pair.)"

Hey Dean, your post got me curious enough to do a bit of research online. Found this, and maybe it will help you>
Restoring and tweaking 4-piston disc brakes
Snip from the article>
"The Bendix setup, as mentioned above, doesn't use a crossover tube, but it does use a small tube to connect the caliper to the flexible hose, unlike the K-H setup where the hose screws directly into the caliper. This length of tubing is, for some unknown reason, not flared with the usual double flare. Instead, it uses an oddball ISO bubble flare. If the tubing becomes damaged, or is heavily corroded, a new one can be had from Year One as catalog number A0717 (a pair.)"
Thank you Bid Dad, I will look at my replacement tube and also read the link. Much appreciated.

That's interestin, I have bought several parts from Richard EHRenberg for my restoration. The most expensive and rare part I bought was an original starter from him for my 67 Hemi, which is a one year only solenoid on the BOTTOM setup. I paid $1500 after looking for a year and trying 3 different starters, I had to bite the bullet to start my engine. I am finding that the 67 Charger had one year only parts that make it a very tough restoration. I wish I knew that before I bought the car. When it is completed it will be 1 of 58 Hemi 4 speeds made in 1967.

Hey Big Bad Dad, I did order two of the Hose Line Fittings you mentioned and they didn't work. They did not seat enough to tighted up. I am still without front brakes, frustrating. I tries yesterday to re-install my jumoer lines but have no luck. I wish there was someone that knows the bendix Calipers inside and out and can explain to me hwta I am doing wrong, if anything. I find it hard to believe that two sets of calipers and four sets of jumper kines are all bad.

Auto Transport Service
Back