• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dragway42 Shooting

Lefty71

Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Anybody know what happened out there today?? News reports are vague, but sound like possibly the owner of the track may have been shot during an event. 1 dead, 1 injured is all they're saying at the moment.

Haven't heard a word yet

I believe they had some kind of tractor pull event.

Another pussy coward getting his 5 minutes of fame..
WTF. Remember back in the day when men settled their differences a little differently with a good old fashioned *** whipping. Usually nobody died and sometimes a friendship evolves from it. Some of my best friends to this day happened because we beat some respect into each other.

Looks like Buford might have had a little too much Red Bull that morning - along with a mental
problem or two. Did they find his sorry *** yet?

I believe they had some kind of tractor pull event.

[BEGIN COPY]
Dragway 42, at 9161 Rainbow Highway (U.S. Route 42), was the venue for the Import Face-Off event, a national car show and drag racing series. Hunter said Dragway 42 was not the host of the event, which was attended by roughly 2,000 people.

The event was scheduled to wrap up around 6 p.m. The shooting happened as the event was ending, Hunter said. [END COPY]

Looks like person killed was innocent bystander..... Shooter was roosting spectators with gravel... possibly even from outside of event.... guy got out of truck with gun, and someone started shooting back....

How many of these incidents are alcohol fueled?
Maybe large public gatherings aren't the best place for it.
Watched drivers at a different track pounding beers all day last week, little sketchy.

Seems sort of third world there, eh? What language is that being spoken?
Ohio is third world now.
I got interested in F1, and look at some of the wealth in cities of the world I've never even heard of, it makes me feel like the wool has been pulled over our eyes.

Ohio is third world now.
I got interested in F1, and look at some of the wealth in cities of the world I've never even heard of, it makes me feel like the wool has been pulled over our eyes.
Parts of a lot of cities is anymore, sadly....

From my Canadian perspective; Who the Hell takes a gun to a dragstrip? Up here, a "shoot-out" at a strip involves two cars racing side by side, not guns.

Who the Hell takes a gun to a dragstrip?

I def agree, and see your point well....since the dragstrip has never been anything but a kind place for me. Win or lose, still never any anger. However, I'll bet there are quite a few guns there every week.... :(

Last time I went out to the Houston/Baytown track, there was a sign with the no firearms symbol but no one pays any attention to that including me. Same thing with the 'no alcohol' sign. Rather be able to defend myself and be alive in jail than be dead.....

Auto Transport Service
Back