• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dreamer of the Week

Bruzilla

Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/1968-dodge-charger-project/6415752476.html

00m0m_iPB7AxGMZSq_600x450.jpg

THE BAD NEWS: Sadly, this car had an engine fire that took out the interior, and warped most of the sheet metal. The seat frames can be saved (Lol!) ...The car is in rough condition, but it is worth saving.

THE GOOD NEWS: The car comes with a very respectable, original front grill assembly. The frame rails are solid. The car is structurally sound, but will need most of the sheet metal replaced. Amazingly, the car still retains it's original numbers matching 383" big block V8, engine and automatic transmission. It has an 8-3/4" rear end. I am including all of the side and rear glass for the car, as well as 2 original front fenders and 2 original doors.

OVERALL: -These second generation Dodge Chargers are increasingly harder to find (in any condition), and continue to increase in value. Especially with the original engine! (How many numbers matching Big Block Mopar cars still exist?) Every part needed to restore this car is available now on ebay.

-Please note that this is a big project, not for the faint hearted. ...Yes, I have a clear title for this car. Delivery available. $4995 cash firm. Not negotiable, but I have many parts to rebuild this car with that I will sell separately at a reasonable cost. Call me if you have any questions.

Wow.
Just wow. That dude has been extremely HOT. More then a engine fire caused that kind of damage. That looks like it had a building burn around it. That said, a title and a matching VIN. Who knows what it will bring?

The heck with CL this man will sell that car!

"Call me if you have any questions."
Ah, yeah... I've got a question. What the F is wrong with you? $5,000? I'm not sure I'd take it on for free. The world is full of idiots!

Hold on guys I've seen some garbage for sale but if I'm understanding him it has a nice grille those arnt cheap ,it also comes with doors and fenders . Clean title and a drive line ! Plus glass . Yeah all sheet metal is trashed but when you buy a car 99% of the metal is going to be trashed anyways so would I pay 5 no way but I wouldn't say he's far off it is the rarest charger made basically and yeah it's a numbers car (don't think that means much as its only a 383 but hey whatever) I've seen some rusty Bucket's sell for 5-6 K down here frame rails are solid that's a huge plus !

But hey to each his own I guess that's why I'm not in this hobby to make money I'm in it to enjoy restoring these old cars if I loose my *** oh well ,honestly I'd say $3500 -4 (if that gille is perfect) . But I did buy that 70 charger 500 383 4 speed not a numbers car but it ran and drove had some balls too only rust was rear 1/4's wish I kept it but I'm a sucker for the 71-74 cars and I didn't have the ability at the time to do that car because of my back .
He'll sell that car at 5 I guarantee it look on ebay and around there's not many in project condition to buy only restored cars for alot of cash !!!!

Wow.
Just wow. That dude has been extremely HOT. More then a engine fire caused that kind of damage. That looks like it had a building burn around it. That said, a title and a matching VIN. Who knows what it will bring?

****. Looks like Greek Lighting to me :rolleyes:

This is the type of car that guys should buy for those crazy SEMA type builds. Most everything is hacked up anyway so why not? Makes more sense than buying one for 10-15k and customizing every panel on the car.

Absolutely hilarious. I bought a 68 Charger with a 383 that ran and drove for 1700.00 back in '99

Of course...those days are over.

Absolutely hilarious. I bought a 68 Charger with a 383 that ran and drove for 1700.00 back in '99

Of course...those days are over.
And if you still had it you could sell it for 17000.00

and had I known the market back then I would have purchased every single Mopar less than 2K I could possibly find.

You're the one Wyatt.
Hah! Wish i did more too...

Who knows what this market will do. Maybe this will look like a bargain in the future...maybe not...

Auto Transport Service
Back