• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drive shaft length for 66 2dr post

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
Can't remember what it's supposed to be and my car is all apart so there's no measuring that and I have the opportunity to buy one from a buddy that had it in a race car. I've also did a quick search on the net and couldn't find anything for something that is stock.....

Big block 727/833 8 3/4

White book shows Plymouth part #2660628 2.75 51.28
Dodge part #2660635 2.75 52.28

Some had different size slip splines on the 83/4 rear end which used different size universal joints. The slip splines between the sizes interchange. One problem the nut that holds the slip spline is TIGHT.

Some had different size slip splines on the 83/4 rear end which used different size universal joints. The slip splines between the sizes interchange. One problem the nut that holds the slip spline is TIGHT.
Yup....so that means there's 4 different yokes...large and small with both having either the fine or course splines. And impacts are made for tight nuts :D

If by some chance the impact wrench dosen't work let me know and I will offer you another suggestion that might work.

If by some chance the impact wrench dosen't work let me know and I will offer you another suggestion that might work.
I don't own any impacts like that :D

I build rear ends and have no problem getting yokes off.......but this thread was about drive shaft length, not yokes. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back