• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driveshaft brand ???

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
I was just curious if anybody uses pst driveshafts,and what are some other affordable brands u guys may be using,I have a 440 satellite,TCI 727 trans and 8.75 rear end which has an auburn dif and 4.10 gears,just curious thanks alot!

Had one made up last year from Dennys Driveshaft.Nice shaft but a little spendy.

One of my racer buddies uses an aluminum one and surprisingly I don't remember the price being that bad. I think he said around $200.00? I need one for my non MoPar so I'll ask him and find out.

Im pretty sure that is how much the pst costs,as a stupid ?? what yolk and slip yolk should I be looking into I always see 10 spline,30 and 35 and im a little confused,im going with the auburn dif and have richmond gears,can you all help me figure this out,like I said im a beginner!

Im pretty sure that is how much the pst costs,as a stupid ?? what yolk and slip yolk should I be looking into I always see 10 spline,30 and 35 and im a little confused,im going with the auburn dif and have richmond gears,can you all help me figure this out,like I said im a beginner!

I'm shopping for these parts too. I've owned a 68 Satellite for a little over a year now and I keep finding so many things wrong, it feels like I'm rebuilding the whole car! The most recent issue is I had a bad vibration noise and after some research I figured it must be the U-joints. I crawled under there last night and sure enough - the rear U-joint had a cap missing and one of the strap bolts! So I looked around on the web and after someone else's recommendation, I also checked out the DennysDriveshaft website. From the explanations on there, it looks like these guys really know what they're doing, but they are pricey.

From what I can tell so far, the spline count on the pinion yoke will be determined by your rear end case. I have a 742 case so my spline count is 10. I believe the 489's or Dana 60's are the higher #'s. My problem is the car originally had a 318 and so it has the small 7260 pinion yoke. I'd like to upgrade to 1350 u-joints with u-bolts, but it also has to fit a pinion yoke that will fit into my 742 case. I'm also wondering if I need a new slip yoke and the only way I know to find out spline count on that is to remove the driveshaft and look.

Any advice on upgrading to 1350 parts without buying a whole new driveshaft, yokes, and everything?

Well I called Denny's and while they have fairly good reviews and are pricey, the real kicker is that their current lead time for a new shaft is 4 wks. I don't want to wait that long. So I found a local driveline shop here in San Jose called SouthBay Driveline. Talked to Steve, the owner. Real nice guy and he explained everything to me in detail. There's no way for me to upgrade to 1350 Chromoly parts and 1350 Pinion yoke without going to a new shaft. So I'm upgrading everything - new trans yoke from Mark Williams, New pinion yoke from US gears, new 1350 Spicer U-joints with u-bolts, and new 1350 Chromoly 3-inch shaft made by Steve at South Bay Driveline. It's only a little cheaper than Denny's, but my car goes in next Tuesday to the Rear end shop to change my gears to 3.55's and they already have a working relationship with SouthBay Driveline, so they'll pick up my old shaft and get everything done in a few days. I should have new gears and all new driveline by next weekend. I'm stoked!

Was at a speed shop expo and came across a driveshaft company called Wiles Driveshaft they are located in Tenn. 3" w/1350 for around $225

Got my car back yesterday and all of the driveline is now NEW! the driveshaft guy talked me into upgrading from a 3" to 3-1/2" shaft, saying that it balances much better due to a larger diameter to length ratio, but we kept that mild steel which is still a lot stronger than the 3" that I had even if I kept it 3" and upgraded to 1350 Chro-moly steel. My old 3" shaft actually tapered to 2-1/2" or something like that at one end. Everything else is now 1350 series chro-moly. The rear end shop also got the gears changed from 3.91's to 3.55's using US Gears ring and pinion. Everything turned out great. It's a good thing I had the rear end done too, because inside the bearings and clutches were all trashed so I had those done too. It all set me back some dough, but now I don't have to worry about anything breaking.

So the summary of this work:

904 trans mating slip yoke from Mark Williams (27 spline)
New 1350 series Chro-moly pinion yoke from US Gear (10 spline) that mates to my 742 rear end case.
2 New 1350 series Spicer U-joints.
New 3-1/2" mild steel driveshaft by South Bay Driveline here in San Jose, CA.
New 3.55 ring and pinion gear from US Gear with new bearing and clutch kit installed in 742 case by Rearend Specialties in Santa Clara, CA.

I just gotta take it easy for the first 500 miles with the new rear gears - keep it under 50mph for the first 100 miles, then under 65mph for the next 400 miles, then back to the rearend shop to change the gear oil and suck out any metal shavings from breaking in the gears, then I'm good to go.

Auto Transport Service
Back