• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

driveshaft length? 67 bel 1

barbee6043

Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
I tried the s earch deal but came up empty. Galiens old book from 30 years ago is ????...

looking for length of center to center u joints for 67 bel 1, 383 , 727.. thanks if anyone has that handy. I found one with small yoke that measures like 52.1 in. and 3 in dia, no inertia balancer. thanks .....

Hey Barbee,

I just tried to measure mine that's in the car and on the ground, and am coming up with around 58" (with a 440, 727 & 8 3/4 rear).

Assuming an 8.75 rear. 51.4 but call it 51 1/2 inches is correct. I personally think that a 1/2" long works just fine.

I just had one made for me. With a 8 3/4, 727 automatic transmission and 440 it was 51.5". Installed it last week and it fits perfect.

thanks for the info. I know it has to be able to slid back and forward some. next question? the BB 727 will take the bigger yoke. used used easy to find. I see a couiple of Feebay for $75-100 !!!!!

I know parts have gotten scarcer last decade, but used to I could find decent running trans or one with rebuild and some mi on it, but now, 2 guys I know well, think $100 for a core is "buddy price" !!?????/ cars and parts here is s w Missouri are like wages, not up to national average, Ha! I can get a bench rebuild for $350 and a new convertor for $100 or so.

I would like to find a GOOD trans but seems like they get sold WITH the engine!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back