• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driveshaft length?

1967coronet440

Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
Did a little searching without much luck, can anyone tell me what the driveshaft length would be for my 67 coronet 440/727/dana60 combo would be. I thought there was a chart or reference guide here somewhere but could not find it. With my motor due back soon I am trying to get a bit ahead of the game and get my trans and driveshaft here waiting for it. Any help is appreciated

Would 66 be the same? I don't see my Combo listed for 1967

This may be a dumb question but why are you not measuring it for length? But if you do find it let me know!!!!:D
:popcorn:

I don't have my motor and trans back yet, if i did I would measure it up and place my order.

Been browsing around some sites looking at yokes and driveshafts, probaly going to go with the chromoly yoke and DS from strange since I already have the s60, plus their warehouse is about an hour from me so I can just go pick it up!

That should be a 51" plus, 51-51.5 works, WITH the dana. I so happen to have an OEM 67 shaft to fit your car.
PM me with your email, and we can talk

Just my story here...Swapped a 440/727 into a 68 satellite. The FSM for my setup and the true measurement, taken exactly how the driveline builder instructed, were about 1/2" different...not sure if it's that critical, as long as you get enough engagement without bottoming out the yolk? I guess my rambling point was if it's possible to wait till you can measure, that's the most accurate way to go

Thanks bean, ya I figured that would be the best way just getting impatient waiting for the motor and not much progress on the car.

Thanks bean, ya I figured that would be the best way just getting impatient waiting for the motor and not much progress on the car.
I bought a custom driveshaft. Measured C to C on my shaft that was in car but short. Added the extra 1.5" so it would be the right length. It had a yoke with a 1330 u-joint yoke. The new shaft had a 1350 u-joint yoke which was 3/8" longer than the other yoke. The driveshaft was longer than I expected, it was ok but almost had an O'**** moment. I would say if you buy a custom shaft measure from center of rear yoke to tail shaft .

Auto Transport Service
Back