• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

drone no more

mopar505

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
so i needed to get some exhaust work done to my 440 duster. when i bought, it had 3" off the collector to mid point into dynomax. dumped right before the rear axel. had lots of low rpm drone and vibration. that i could handle, but the exhaust gasses comming in the cabin at all speeds was to much. race gas i can handle, pump puke sucks/ stinks like hell. i got the hooker aero chambers on my 65 satellite 440 and like them so i had exhaust shop install new hooker areo chambers and extend up over the axel to rear. was expecting it to be somewhat more quiet, no drone and no gasses. picked it up last saturday and love it. no gasses, no drone, and its LOUDER than before. much more of a tin /mechanical sound. if you never heard the aero chambers i can tell you they make a stone stock car sound like it is solid roller cammed. they are awsome mufflers. 3' in and out.

Having the exhaust dump under the car may have a nice sound, but driving with a gas mask is not cool. I found that out years ago as well. Glad you got a setup you love.

Having the exhaust dump under the car may have a nice sound, but driving with a gas mask is not cool. I found that out years ago as well. Glad you got a setup you love.
like you i liked the sound, early on evenig like the 104 octain

Auto Transport Service
Back