Drop in Electronic Ignition Kits

Nxcoupe

Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
Anyone use one? I need one for my 66 single point distributor. Which manufacturer and part number did you use? Thanks!

HALIFAXHOPS

MSGT(ret) and MOPAR only distributor rebuilder!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
I second petronix. Just seems like the I is almost bullet proof if you dont need the bells and whistles. The III I do not use due to the plastic plate pivot point cracks. Still works well though. Another big plus is it still retains your original curve in your distributor.

PX71381A.jpg

The new Mopar kits are all made overseas and they have a big issue with the orange "relaces xxx" ecu and also a serious fast curve more for the strip. There are other one wires out there really depends what you want to do and the curve needed.

Darter6

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
Pertronix I Has worked for me for over 20 years in many cars.
I suggest to read the instructions throughly which ever you choose.
I II III as they require different coils, and depending on model some require ballast by-pass.
Ran the Pertronix I in this Hemi that revs well past 6,000 rpm.Worked flawless.
IMG_2732.jpg

toolmanmike

Henchman #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Another vote for Pertronix. It has worked flawless for years now.

sam dupont

Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
Put one in my V-8 English car as nothing else was available in those days. Never a hiccup

diesel_lv

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
Another for Pertronix. "If" something goes bad, they've been around forever and replacement would be a snap.

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I suggest to read the instructions throughly which ever you choose. I II III as they require different coils, and depending on model some require ballast by-pass.
I had linked the III because it's the most advanced, multi-spark and rev limiter, and that is the "module" the billet aluminum Pertronix distributor I got for my wife's GTO has, although I bought it as a complete system.
I was going to switch from my FBO ignition system to Pertronix, just because I am a strong believer in the importance of the ignition system and I wanted to try something different, but once the Progression Ignition system came to my attention, my ignition system search is over.