• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drug home a 69 Super Bee - in boxes

Great car, congrats. Looking forward to the build!!

The 69 Bee and R/T are my favorite.

I am struggling a bit as to what to do with the car, mainly the paint. It is only a 383 car, but still don't want to hurt the value if it ever gets sold one day. The original motor will get set aside and instead a 451 will go under the hood. An automatic does not work in my world, so that will get changed to a 4-speed (I believe this will help the value). Find a floor shift manual steering column and convert to manual. Probably try to find a set of buckets. Right now am leaning towards painting the car R4 red with a white or black rump stripe - any and all opinions and comments are welcome on this subject.

Congrats on the purchase. It looks like a pretty solid car....which is 3/4 of the battle. Finding "the right" car with all your wants is like finding a needle in a haystack. A top notch 383 B-body is going to be worth about 35-37 large when restored to original & if you're sending the body out for paint, you'll have much more into it when it's done. You're changing the color, transmission, seats & engine, so I wouldn't worry too much about hurting the value.

I like ALL of your pics in your option post, however, I think yellow with a black butt stripe looks best followed by red with white stripe.

Auto Transport Service
Back