• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dual Batteries

ksurfer2

Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
I have a couple questions about dual batteries when wired in parallel. First, when hooking up to a battery tender, would the leads go from the positive of one battery to the negative of the other? In case I ever need to jump start the car, same question...are the cables hooked up positive on one battery and negative on the other?

If yes, to both, I will need to make some longer wires for my battery tender to reach between the two batteries and keep a set of jumper cables with me that have the two leads split much farther to reach.

Seems to me you'd just connect the clips to one battery and if the two batteries are connected, they usually equalize the voltage between them.
This is the case when I have to charge an AGM battery. I have to run jumper cables to a conventional type battery and charge it instead of the AGM directly.

Seems to me you'd just connect the clips to one battery and if the two batteries are connected, they usually equalize the voltage between them.
This is the case when I have to charge an AGM battery. I have to run jumper cables to a conventional type battery and charge it instead of the AGM directly.
would that be the same for jump starting?

Yes, same for jump starting.

May I ask, why are you running two batteries?

Auto Transport Service
Back