• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Dual point dist points plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnypwr

Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
looking for some dual point dist parts, need the points plate from a big block dist, I think the rest I can get repro

I already asked him he’s looking

I have a couple of different big block dual point distributor plates. Can you post a photo, looking down inside the housing that you plan to use with the plate? Some plates have a flat metal terminal tab, with a threaded hole to which the wire connects, that extend out thru a slot in the housing. I know there are at least 2 big block dual point plates with the tab positioned at different locations relative to the screw holes that attach the plate to the housing. Then there is one or more plates with no terminal tab. The wire passes thru a hole in the housing instead of a slot.

D8B10588-BB54-4175-B072-75185DDE8CDA.jpeg
I don’t have a plate hope this helps

He needs a IBS plate with a wire. The other two you have are for older IBB and IAT distribs and back. He needs the one with a pin for the vac advamce on the left side of the condenser looking down if that helps. I don't have a top view that I can find.

Can you guarantee it’s the same? I don’t want to be chasing ign problems coz I have the wrong parts...if it’s the same I’d buy it

Can you guarantee it’s the same? I don’t want to be chasing ign problems coz I have the wrong parts...if it’s the same I’d buy it
Not going to BS and say they're the same for sure. I'm have one but only paid $40 for it. If I go in my garage I'll see what have exactly and take some pics. Was out yesterday and I'm hurting. Hope H/H answers. The pin for vacuum advance is different SB,BB and in 70 or 71 they move the pin again. If you do the search I posted in #4 there is SB and BB to look at. The search 10 or 11th is the one I posted.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=mopar+dual+point+breaker+plate&_sop=10

The 1st breaker plate in thar search is a 70/71 for electric/ vacuum advance note pin location.

What is wrong with the one in post #4? It has a wire for a dist with a stud. Remove that and buy a dual point pigtail wire.
That's it. Just saying the ones with the terminal through the case are earlier.

when they switched styles of advances I believe in 70 the vac advance mounts a bit differently and takes this stupid vac advance which is hens teeth to find. Different arm then the rest. Think the car was a 71? 440-6

s-l1600.jpg

when they switched styles of advances I believe in 70 the vac advance mounts a bit differently and takes this stupid vac advance which is hens teeth to find. Different arm then the rest. Think the car was a 71? 440-6

View attachment 770004
And the breaker plate to go with it.
bp.JPG

Yup that's another issue I forgot about he needed one think it was upwards of 400 for it. Nice to have deep pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back