• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual post mirror loose head 65 B Body

6t4polara

Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
Dual post mirror with a loose head any suggestions on how to tighten the mirror part.

If the mirror glass is installed with a snap ring,push in on the glass as there is a spring behind it and remove the snap ring and glass.you will find 2 screws that can be tightened to give more friction on the stem head.
Some had the glass glued some with a snap ring. You still can do the same but may break the glass that has been glued.
Another hack is super glue dripped into the ball head. After it dries the glue takes up the void.You can break it loose so it can be positioned.
I did the super glue once, set the mirror for my vision and let it dry.Crawled out the passenger door ,didn't slam it as to disrupt the mirror. Worked for me !

Glued mirror can sometimes be cut off with dental floss. Darter's idea I'd do first.

Had same problem. Medium (blue) loctite worked ok. Same principal as super glue.

Auto Transport Service
Back