• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ducts for 69 Super Bee Factory AC

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
See pics attached. On the large duct, mine is split and needs repair. I suppose I could use duct tape but has anyone repaired these and what / where did you source?

On the smaller plastic duct that attaches to the AC vent in the dash, does the other end attach directly to the Heater AC box, or am I missing something?

I know little about this, have had the box restored / rebuilt by original air, gonna send off the water valve to be rebuilt, etc but I am not far from getting this all reinstalled...

Photo Aug 21, 5 10 31 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 21, 5 10 43 PM.jpg

I'm about to start tracking down under dash parts -all the way from the vacuum control box to vents hoses in my 1968 satellite.
The whole heat/ac system was ripped out years ago. By an idiot! :) will be watching this thread and others like it - best of luck!

I'm about to start tracking down under dash parts -all the way from the vacuum control box to vents hoses in my 1968 satellite.
The whole heat/ac system was ripped out years ago. By an idiot! :) will be watching this thread and others like it - best of luck!
heat or heat/AC? Detroit muscle has lots of parts, gaskets, etc. but that is if you have a heater box already. Probably first step is to locate a heater box in good condition.

heat or heat/AC? Detroit muscle has lots of parts, gaskets, etc. but that is if you have a heater box already. Probably first step is to locate a heater box in good condition.
I have the complete heat AC box rebuilt by Original Air. Had to find a few other parts that I did not know I needed until it got back, but should be in good shape. I have found all the duct work (I think). Also I had the water valve rebuilt, but the capillary tube was broken and they put a sleeve on it so it could be spliced. What I do not know is where to source the remainder of the tube and where it actually goes / connects to the box etc.

See pics attached. On the large duct, mine is split and needs repair. I suppose I could use duct tape but has anyone repaired these and what / where did you source?

On the smaller plastic duct that attaches to the AC vent in the dash, does the other end attach directly to the Heater AC box, or am I missing something?

I know little about this, have had the box restored / rebuilt by original air, gonna send off the water valve to be rebuilt, etc but I am not far from getting this all reinstalled...

View attachment 1331802

View attachment 1331804
I would patch it up with some black duct tape install it and take your time finding a replacement. Is it difficult to remove once the system is installed?

Auto Transport Service
Back