• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Due To Gas Prices, Next 'Fast & Furious' Movie Will Be About Bicycles.

SteveSS

Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score
ffbikes.jpg

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA—The tenth installment of the popular Fast & Furious franchise is currently in pre-production, but due to high gas prices, production has been delayed so that the script can be rewritten to feature bicycles instead of cars.

"Cars have been a staple of the Fast & Furious franchise," said actor Vin Diesel, who plays lead protagonist Dominic Toretto. "But Dom can drive anything, including bicycles."

One new action sequence is said to feature Dom on a beach cruiser bicycle trying to escape enemies on e-bikes. Another has him being chased through the streets of Seattle while evading pedestrians. The sequence reaches an explosive crescendo when Dom ramps his racing bike over the Space Needle.

That's not to say that there won't be any cars in the film. Director Justin Lin is having a team of digital artists add CG cars to the background of certain scenes so viewers don't experience bike fatigue.

"We're also going to have a street race," said Michelle Rodriguez, who plays the character of Letty. "I mean, it'll be on bikes, but still. It will definitely be a race."

"I think it's important that the characters do a random illegal street race," she continued. "Even though the stories are now about globe-trotting espionage, we need to fit in a random street race to remind people that these characters used to be common thugs who stole TVs and VCRs."

Fast & Furious: Bicycle Drift will pedal wildly into theaters on May 19th, 2023.

What, no unicycles?

Maybe big wheels would work...

82615e52f9e832d71328ec6603049764.gif

If they can pull a bank safe through the wall using big wheels that would be totally awesome!
And really believable too.
I think toretto would take the tassels off of his.

Don't miss...
"Fast and Furious 14-- Hoveround Drift" Coming to a theater near you in 2026.

Last edited:
This is one franchise that should have died at the 3rd movie. But yet they KEEP on making these stupid movies. Pretty sure Paul Walker would have quit them at some point had he not died.

This is one franchise that should have died at the 3rd movie. But yet they KEEP on making these stupid movies. Pretty sure Paul Walker would have quit them at some point had he not died.
When the first one came out, my friends daughter had just seen it and came out to her dads shop and told us how amazing it was.....
The only thing I enjoyed was Doms sister.... slim trim hottie

I'm hoping they at least thought to use clothespins holding the baseball cards in the spokes.

Auto Transport Service
Back