• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duplicolor DE1653 compared to MP P4349218AB??

Piranhaz

Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
So I need to paint some parts for my 1966 318 engine. It calls for Mopar Red (P4349218AB). This stuff is sold out everywhere. My question is, has anyone used the Duplicolor industrial red, and is it the correct color for my engine? It says "industrial" red, whereas the Mopar Performance stuff does not. The Duplicolor is readily available. Just trying to see if anyone has used it. I also checked Bill's site and I didn't see anything for 66 red.
oYbW7bL-7eBN-ZYuuBia9t-zmt_vQb42lX81RGaQy4yFafxCI_w5leZAJnGTRf9JN1g366m8=w820-h533-no?authuser=0.jpg
1nhiMiAvm9LQ6ceMxDNYwKMsf1w899_PhXQZ63ZRNXF1S109MgXUxe5X4tiNbo9LKy1SVSEz=w704-h606-no?authuser=0.jpg

I’ve tried the duplicolor blue comparing it to mopar blue for a small block and it wasn’t close at all.. that being said I doubt it’s a close match but it’s up to you.

Try SP155 VHT. Its the Chrysler red.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve tried the duplicolor blue comparing it to mopar blue for a small block and it wasn’t close at all.. that being said I doubt it’s a close match but it’s up to you.

Hmmm, I guess I could postpone the paint project parts until it's back in stock (like Feb or something like that).

Damn I feel stupid. lol I glanced over the post. First can looked orange the mopar one. If I would have read the post I would have been more informed. Dumb move on my part. VHT155 Sorry I edited my dumb post.

No worries, there are some outstanding rattle can paints for engines if needed. Bill Hirsch is the brand I used last and it was a dead ringer to my small block blue. You may also get it in qts. I think that you could actually brush on or use for touch ups.

Tractor supply has a red that is supposed to be real close. I think it was International Harvester red.

Damn I feel stupid. lol I glanced over the post. First can looked orange the mopar one. If I would have read the post I would have been more informed. Dumb move on my part. VHT155 Sorry I edited my dumb post.
Ha, no worries man. I'll look at that color. This is no show car by any means, so I just wanna get something close on there.
Thanks!!!

I ended up ordering some of the VHT SP155. It will be close enough for what I'm doing ;-)

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back