• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duplicolor Paint Shop

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:09 AM
Reaction score
Well since funds are low and I'm getting closer to body and paint work, I'm starting to lean towards the Duplicolor Paint Shop stuff. Has anyone used this before or have any comments? The price is right, 20 for the color, clear, and primer per quart. Lets hear whatcha got to say.

Its pretty much not worth the money. Its great for small stuff though (I painted a dash with the jet black once, turned out awesome). I wouldnt use it on a full car. It chip's easily, scratches easily, and doesn't really hold up over time, so for exterior paint on a vehicles it's not really going to last very long at all. If you still want to use that "type" of paint, the duplicolor is still overpriced (it is pre-thinned). The quart cans are about ~25 a pop, and pre thinned (and they use cheap thinner, so expect to add a little of the better stuff to it to get it to spray good). For less money you can buy a whole gallon of quality paint and thinner and would end up with two spray-able gallons (assuming the lacquer 1:1 ratio) for the same cost as four quarts of the duplicolor stuff. TCP Global has a pretty good "restoration shop" brand of that type of paint if thats what you are going to use. They can do factory colors and its really cheap. They also have a good enamel and urethane paints they can mix as well.

I agree with Aaron, I've seen a couple of cars painted with this and the paint is just kind of Blah. I would just sell a couple of quarts of blood and get better paint.

Guess you don't like the Duplicolor then?:edgy:

:rolling:[

Nah, I just have a lot of extra blood!

Honestly, I was really interested in the product, but after all of the money I've spent on my car, I just didn't want to skimp on the paint. Hey, I'm sure its better then painting a car with Rustoleum and a roller. :)

I dont think it would hurt to get a quart of color, primer, and sealer to try it on the dash. Little money, some work & time, to see if it's worth it or not.

Auto Transport Service
Back