• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dura-Glass vs Dyna De-Lite

YY1

Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Quite a while ago I had a friend that did decent body work and swore by Dura-Glass. I've also seen it mentioned recently on this board.

All I can find around here that might be similar is Dyna De-Lite.

Is it comprable?

Thanks.

Dyna-glass is fibreglass reinforced body filler that is not a finishing body filler, more of a foundation filler over welds and lightly pitted areas. It is a waterproof filler. Not sure what Dyna De-lite is...

Dyna-glass is fibreglass reinforced body filler that is not a finishing body filler, more of a foundation filler over welds and lightly pitted areas. It is a waterproof filler. Not sure what Dyna De-lite is...

I think what 66_B_Body4ever was trying to say is, Duraglass is fiberglass reinforced filler.

It looks like Dyna De-lite is a body filler (bondo).

So it depends on what your looking for. If you can't find Duraglass, then look for some Marglass instead. And if your looking for body filler, your Dyna De-lite should work for ya.

The last gallon of Duro-Glass i bought was at Auto-zone if you haven't tried them, its more pricey then bondo but its real good for whats been mentioned, makes a good base but to finish it i use bondo over it, easier to sand to finish the job.

Different parts stores carry different brands. The local parts house near me carries a lot of Evercoat products. Evercoat's fiberglass fillers are called Kitty Hair (short strand) and Tiger Hair (long strand). I have used the Kitty Hair before, and it's a good fiberglass filler.

Jason

If you don't want problems down the road ,use Evercoat Everglass, all other stuff is junk,it's rubbery,has chunks. I tried just about every brand when I was very heavy into fiberglass fabrication, Evercoat is where it's at

Agreed! if you've done this long enough you'll see what last and what you wish you never saw when you have to dig out the junk that seemed like a deal at the time.

Auto Transport Service
Back