• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dusty Hill from ZZ Top has passed

That moves a Lot of Us up, 1 Spot in Line. May He Rest In Peace...

That sux, we used to run into him when I was a teenager on the NW side of town. Always had time to talk with us.
Rest in peace Dusty! The little band from Texas will never be the same!

This is a real bummer. I first saw them in 1980 - I still have the concert shirt - the DEGUELLO tour. Saw them most recently at the WI State Fair about 10 years ago, so my wife and daughter got to see them, too. Daughter became a real fan, too. We would have liked to see them again. One of the all time greatest bands. Billy and Frank won't be the same without Dusty.
R.I.P. to a true talented showman.

R.I.P.
:(

Only 72, actually thought he was a little older. RIP

The great threesome.
Was going to see them for my 1st time, November 20th here in NC. Rest in peace brother.

Well that sucks. ZZ Top had been the longest lived rock band to still have all it's original members until now. Here he is cranking out 'Thunderbird'.

I remember hearing,The two lead guys (with the beards), Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill took a long break from music, when their drummer, Frank Beard, (his real name) announced he had to go to an extended rehabilitation for drugs.
They waited for him to get well, eventually all 3 began making music together again and never looked back.
They said they were like a family and that's the way they rolled.

Damned sad, gotta say. I saw them in Seattle in 1981. Geez, not a lot of difference in age. Getting old sucks.

RIP, Dusty.

Last edited:
RIP Dusty
you will be missed

Good run.

RIP Dusty.

The crowd gets loud when the band gets right
Steel guitar cryin' through the night...

That sucks! They definitely didn't follow the lead, they were 100% who they wanted to be.. Still listen to them.

RIP

Auto Transport Service
Back