• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E-Body Bucket Seat Tracks in 71-74 B-Body

RockyPat

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy some bucket seats without seat tracks for my 71 Charger.

They are for 71-74 B-bodies. I was told by some forum members that seats like these with no tracks are worth $200-$250.
00T0T_11BaBMHFaZfz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00909_31LBAq4i43Pz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_kjD8U1bUzcxz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

The problem is that I cannot find any new or used seat tracks for 71-74 B body cars. I bet they are expensive used as well.

I know that 70-74 E-body seat tracks are similar, and OER sells some for $100 each or $200 for the pair.

Will these E-body ones work?

Has anyone done this with their B-body?

I know there is a height difference between B and E body tracks. I do not know of other problems (yet).

Here are the tracks:

upload_2021-9-28_9-56-4.png

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I would hold out for a pair with good tracks. They are out there. If your in So Cal, hit Pomona and Fall fling.

I wonder the same thing. I think the floorpan is the same on 71-74 B & E bodies, not sure about the supports allong the inner rockers...
Interested to see if anyone has tried this.

I'd buy the seats if they are local so they you don't have shipping. IMO not a bad price based on ones I've sold

Those look like the 70-early 71 seats with the metal hinge covers. The hinge covers sell for 200-300.00 set. The seats go for up wards of 500.00
B/E use the same seats and floor pan. I've use E-body tracks in a B-body and they are about an inch shorter.
I probably have a few sets of B-body tracks and I'll be at the Fling.

I would hold out for a pair with good tracks. They are out there. If your in So Cal, hit Pomona and Fall fling.

I actually ended up buying them. They are good insurance seats I believe for the price I paid. If I can find better seats with tracks, then I can sell this set. If not, I have these to use. Thanks for the comment.

I wonder the same thing. I think the floorpan is the same on 71-74 B & E bodies, not sure about the supports allong the inner rockers...
Interested to see if anyone has tried this.

I agree. I am wondering the same thing because the seat tracks are so much cheaper for E-body cars. I do not really care about a 1 inch difference.

I'd buy the seats if they are local so they you don't have shipping. IMO not a bad price based on ones I've sold

I ended up paying $275 for the seats. They were local, only had to pay for about half a gallon of gas. Like I previously mentioned, these seats make perfect insurance seats that could be used or sold for the money I have in them. At least I hope I can get my money back if need be. :lol:

Those look like the 70-early 71 seats with the metal hinge covers. The hinge covers sell for 200-300.00 set. The seats go for up wards of 500.00
B/E use the same seats and floor pan. I've use E-body tracks in a B-body and they are about an inch shorter.
I probably have a few sets of B-body tracks and I'll be at the Fling.

Thanks for the comment. I will have to see if they are metal hinge seats. I ended up purchasing them for $275. I appreciate you giving me price ranges and helping me with my seat track questions. I have never heard of the Fling before. I'll have to look into it.

Auto Transport Service
Back