• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E-curve Distributor Recommendation Needed

OzzyOzB

Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a total greenhorn trying to make my way through this...
I'm trying to transition my 426 from Track to Street, and the Current Distributor doesn't have a vacuum connection. Nor does it currently have crap for Vacuum at all.
So, I "think" I'm looking at buying a digital e-curve type of distributor with a vacuum connection, and a pigtail to connect it to the MSD 6AL.
Can you guys recommend a particular brand, or model of E-Curve Distributor that I should buy? I believe it's got a Blaster Coil (painted black). I think I need one because the Cam runs from 23 deg to 38 deg total advance, and there's like 11 thousandths tolerance on the cylinders (there was probably a blower in the plans at one time), and if I don't set up a moving vacuum advance, I'm worried about Washing out the Cylinders under normal driving conditions.

Last edited:
I didn’t run a vacuum advance distributor on my 470, wasn’t needed. As for a distributor, Holley has some good ones.

I’ve read several old threads and seems no one is saying much about any added performance with an MSD (or other aftermarket distributors). Installed a mopar electronic ignition about 20 years ago in my ’63 poly and since the engine rebuild been running no vac advance (3 years). I only drive it around a 1000 miles a year. I had the ECU fail once and now keep a spare in the trunk with a ballast.
Only time motor runs without any misfiring is with the vac advance plugged; timing adjustments just change the RPM range when it misfires. Looks like my adjustable can though isn’t adjusting…on the shopping list.

Auto Transport Service
Back