• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E85 and boost, best options for fuel delivery.

Odmark91

Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys. The 505 stroker in my Polara is built for running e85 and boost, it makes 589 horsepower and 615 foot pounds of torque right now naturally aspirated.
Im not looking for anything crazy, maybe 800hp, so im thinking either a paxton supercharger or a turbo running low boost.

Anyway, as i want to run it on E85 im researching my options. The Holley Super Sniper would be a simple solution but they say it is not e85 compatible? Even though people seem to run it, and the regular Holley sniper is e85 approved, how is that?

Is there a good EFI intake with separate injectors and fuel rails that supports 800hp out there? Would an Edelbrock Victor EFI intake with a 4150 1000cfm throttle body work?

Otherwise i guess a blow through e85 carb is a possibility, but i would really like fuel injection.

Any advice or input is appreciated.

Last edited:
That engine will make 1000hp easy so size your pump accordingly. There are guys here (North West Indiana-Chicago area) running the Super Sniper with good success. Some have changed to larger injectors for more power. The Sniper has better drive ability than most blow through carbs I've had experience with. The new Aeromotive Brushless in tank units are great. They are available in 3.5, 5, 7 and 10 gpm. Buy more pump than you need because you always want more power! They are true variable speed so only runs max rpm when you need it.

Auto Transport Service
Back