• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eagle cranks

lewtot184

Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
i'm trying to talk myself into buying a new crank. i don't really need a 4340 crank for what i want to do, but i don't have access to any stock cranks either. looking around on the net i've seen a weight of 75lbs, ten more than a stock crank; is that an accurate weight? i've also seen that some eagles, stock stroke, don't require narrow rod bearings; anyone know if that's true?

Call them and ask them all you want to: 662-796-7373.'

I have sold a couple Eagle cranks, and they seem to be a good product.

lew ,
I put an eagle stock stroke crank in my motor in late 07/early 08 . if I remember I did have to run chamfered bearings . crank has done me fine and still going great .

Tex

i looked on hugh's website and they state chamfered/narrow bearings are needed. mancini says they aren't needed,...? best bet is to call now that i have a phone number. thanks.

I ran a hand me down 496 that ran a 4.125 and it used a hn743 brg. and the radius gives you the strength on the journal so yes a narrow would be needed on all manufactures of good stuff

Be aware if running a 4-speed with those eagle cranks. Mine was not drilled fully for the pilot. It was drilled and appeared to be correct(which threw me a curve) but just not quite deep enough, found out after the motor was built and installed in the car. Ended up drilling the crank in the car because i had a hemi box and did not want to cut the shaft.

wow that was a hard thing to do I saw a guy selling a short input shaft now I know why usually the bore is smaller than the bushing

I must of lucked out,I put a 18 spline behind my eagle 4.125 with no problems. My Pilot bearing did'nt go into the crank hole all the way either like Moparparts said,it in there all but 1/8"

i just got off the phone with eagle. all their cranks require a narrow/chamfered rod and main bearing. why some vendors are advertising otherwise has confused me. thanks for all your inputs.

Auto Transport Service
Back