• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early B slant K conveted for small block?

barbee6043

Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
I know the 62-6 A body used the same K for the slant and the SB, and I see the slant 62 K in my slant Dart is not set up the same.
I understand changing out the K! but my question is has anyone cut and welded the Early slant K to take a small block. Is the right side correct? Has anyone cut the bracket of the left side and made a hole for the SB engine bracket there?
In the early A all that is needed is the engine brackets off a 273 since the K is the same for both slant and SB.

fyi I think they now sell special motor mounts so you can put in what you want to. Dont know about cutting it and welding it. But I bet someone has done it.

I have a spare /6 K-member if you would like to mess with it. It's from a '63 Dodge 330. Area is 14086...

Like I said, I need the conversion for a 62-5 B BODY, and the only supplier for such as been Schumaker he has been out of stock for many months, not sure what his deal is. I have trade going on for a 64 parts car with the poly 318 and K but the message has gone from FK Marketplace I just hope he contacts m back!!! Thanks anyway VANDAN, I will probably get a v8 K somewhere.
I have also considerd the motorplate route.

I might suggest that mods you do,,,make it as light as possible.Ounces add up to lbs!

2.25.17 012.jpg 7.8.17 018.jpg

yea i did what you want on my '63 b body plymouth. it is a /6 and i put a 318 in it. all i did was cut away all the 6 steel mounts on the k and welded a 1/4 thick box with a slanted top plate drilled a hole in the top and welded it on. i did have to slot that hole for the stud on the mm. i used the mm for the '63 with a 318. i can't take pics as it's all painted black there. i find it odd how it seems nobody knows how to fab much on here. look at it picture what you need and make it. i suppose if your a numbers matching type and don't want to mess up the oem stuff that's ok too.

Auto Transport Service
Back