Eastwood 2k ceramic chassis black

t.flatt

Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
So, I'm about ready to finish my k-frame and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product. Eastwood claims it is the best they have yet I've read reviews that it is garbage and to not use it. Any advice out there?

Ghostrider 67

Power corrupts.....lol.....
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
So, I'm about ready to finish my k-frame and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product. Eastwood claims it is the best they have yet I've read reviews that it is garbage and to not use it. Any advice out there?
I used it to paint my K Frame. BUT.....lol....I failed to prep the surface adequately and it all peeled off under high pressure air. I sanded it off and painted the K frame in body color instead. However, it went on smooth and looked great. So, i guess it is a good product when used correctly. I am using Eastwoods Under Hood Black and like it a lot. It's like armor. All of Eastwoods products are well researched and well tested. You'll be fine. Just follow the directions for use and prep well. Get your gun right too, the best paint in the world will fail if your gun isn't clean and set up correctly.

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I used it on my K frame and so far I like it.
928F2755-AE53-4DFE-9A3B-60AA4DF4E1C9.jpeg
A019DDDD-9CFF-4CD5-AD62-3859014ABAD8.jpeg

Jesse6869

Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
I used on all my undercarriage parts. Everything was well cleaned and i use epoxy primer first. Car has not been road ready yet for a durability test but came out well.
8C2A0E41-D82A-4B98-9C6C-20B9A47CD528.jpeg
FCD7B08D-FF6F-4071-9A97-B67949477949.jpeg

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I used it on my K-frame, Brake booster, Master cylinder backing plate and wiper motor. Advice: Use an Epoxy
primer, as stated on the label. It says to use Eastwood's Epoxy primer which I did have. Let it cure overnight
and then wet-sand any nibs or dirt smoothe and shoot the black on using a primer gun! A regular color gun
doesn't put out enough volume. You'll end up with dry spots unless you thin it alot! Remember that when using
Epoxy, if you let it sit more than three or four days, you'll have to scuff the whole surface or the color won't
have good adhesion. Going to use it to black-out the core support behind the grill. I will use Scotch-Brite to
rough-up that area before shooting it. Kind of pricey as stated, but looks good and is catalized!

69L48Z27

Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
Or go to your local John Deere dealer and get a gallon of Blitz black, hardener and thinner. Mixes 8:1:1. Fairly inexpensive, pint of hardener is more than the gallon of paint. The hardener makes it one notch glossier.

t.flatt

Local time
Reaction score
I used it to paint my K Frame. BUT.....lol....I failed to prep the surface adequately and it all peeled off under high pressure air. I sanded it off and painted the K frame in body color instead. However, it went on smooth and looked great. So, i guess it is a good product when used correctly. I am using Eastwoods Under Hood Black and like it a lot. It's like armor. All of Eastwoods products are well researched and well tested. You'll be fine. Just follow the directions for use and prep well. Get your gun right too, the best paint in the world will fail if your gun isn't clean and set up correctly.
Thanks, but what did you do wrong when you prepped for it?

t.flatt

Local time
Reaction score
I used it on my K-frame, Brake booster, Master cylinder backing plate and wiper motor. Advice: Use an Epoxy
primer, as stated on the label. It says to use Eastwood's Epoxy primer which I did have. Let it cure overnight
and then wet-sand any nibs or dirt smoothe and shoot the black on using a primer gun! A regular color gun
doesn't put out enough volume. You'll end up with dry spots unless you thin it alot! Remember that when using
Epoxy, if you let it sit more than three or four days, you'll have to scuff the whole surface or the color won't
have good adhesion. Going to use it to black-out the core support behind the grill. I will use Scotch-Brite to
rough-up that area before shooting it. Kind of pricey as stated, but looks good and is catalized!
Thanks, I do have some of Eastwood's epoxy primer, a regular gun and a detail gun. So, just be sure to use a large tip for the chassis black?