• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastwood heavy duty anti-rust spray- how long to dry

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Eastwood HD Anti-rust spray paint, and if so, how long until dry. Can says 2-4 days, and the website says it’s an oily/waxy spray, so curious if it will finely dry/cure. Sprayed my LCAs two days ago and still very tacky. Hope it drys or I may just strip it and prime with something else.

Is that their cavity rustproofing spray for inside boxed frames? If so it’s intended to stay somewhat soft and and able to creep into every nook and crevice and might not be the best coating for where you are using it.

I checked the arms last night and they are 99% touchable with no tackiness. Really wasn’t thrilled to strip and start over.

This paint sucks, still tacky and crappy to touch. Can’t imagine trying to install the arms with this sticky, so stripping it and starting over with a normal Eastwood primer.

Yeah, I think it’s a cavity rustproofing spray. Good for inside the frame rails.

Last time I listen to a restoration book. Book recommended it, but didn’t mention the tackiness, only to let it dry a few days.

Lol, the wife would kill me over the fumes! “Damnit! Are you painting again in the basement?!” I have a heat gun I can try some more.

You don't have an outdoor grill?

I think my wife paints in the basement way more than I do.

Send the wife to mall and bake it for an hour in the oven. Ventilate the house before she comes home and practice your "I dunno" look before she gets home.

Auto Transport Service
Back