• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay manual steering boxes, anybody try them?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
Looks like a bargain. But, it's ebay. I don't like the gray paint-job on the whole thing.

Not to change the subject but has any body used the p/s pump pressure reducing valve assy. and does it work?

I cant amagine the boxes not working if they are rebuilt, unless they are just painting used boxes gray

I had FF rebuilt mine for my car. No issues what so ever on this

I bought a reman from NAPA this past summer, works great so far. Can't remember the price but it wasn't bad at all.

Oops, when I first read this I couldn't get the page to load.... mine was a power steering box.

Last edited:
i think it all depends on whats done to them. re-sealing isn't that big of a deal. re-building or changing out the ballscrew shaft and bearings is what would attract me. if they don't do this then none of them are lot better then what your replacing.

They appear to be cast iron instead of aluminum. Chinese?

Of course they're Chi-com. Look at the price.

Very timely thread. I'm going through the front suspension on the Dart and the man steering box needs rebuilding. FF did a Stage III rebuild on the Coronet p/s box and I love it. But $100 less + free shipping. Tough decision...

We to offer a 16:1 or a 24:1 manual box. That is brand new with no core charge and free shipping within the US 48. It is also eligable for the members discount. It can be found on our website. www.p-s-t.com.

Thanks
James

Very timely thread. I'm going through the front suspension on the Dart and the man steering box needs rebuilding. FF did a Stage III rebuild on the Coronet p/s box and I love it. But $100 less + free shipping. Tough decision...
Hey Rich. Guess we are both into A-bodies at the moment, as the box I am looking for is going in a Duster that I have on the rotisserie right now.

I bought a reman from NAPA this past summer, works great so far. Can't remember the price but it wasn't bad at all.

Oops, when I first read this I couldn't get the page to load.... mine was a power steering box.
Hey Devin. Just called NAPA. No manual boxes available - only power.

We to offer a 16:1 or a 24:1 manual box. That is brand new with no core charge and free shipping within the US 48. It is also eligable for the members discount. It can be found on our website. www.p-s-t.com.

Thanks
James
Hi James. Is your box made in the States, or overseas like the ebay models are?

Hey Rich. Guess we are both into A-bodies at the moment, as the box I am looking for is going in a Duster that I have on the rotisserie right now.
Joel, I remember back when you got the car. Started a build thread if I recall.
Now that the Coronet is on the road I've been turning my attention over to the Dart.

The box that we supply is made in the US

Thanks
James

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301553126001?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any of you guys try these steering gears in your cars? I wanted to try a 20:1 box from Firm Feel, but after talking to them and finding out I would have $605. in getting mine rebuilt including me paying for shipping both ways, I am having second thoughts. $221. with no core sounds pretty cheap to me.

I personally would grin and bear it to have your original rebuilt. Who knows what the ebay one is from or what they done to it

Or convert to the Borgenson power steering box. It's small like the manual, but way better than the power.

Auto Transport Service
Back