• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay purchase

daredevil

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Got this message with an ebay purchase. i wonder if this is true. gonna look for notes. why would Tom need one? Heres the message. Just a note to thank you for the bid on my ebay item "1966 Dodge Dart/ Coronet Service Manual(NOT A REPRO)". Your Dodge book was shipped today via Media Mail out of Huntingdon, PA 16652. You should see it in a week or so. AS a matter of history, I am selling for the owner, Tom Hoover, who retired from Chrysler some time ago. Tom designed cars for Chrysler and is known widely as the Father of the Hemi. he appreciates your purchase as do I. I will be putting one more of Tom's automotive books on ebay before long. Positive feedback will be posted for you. Thanks again, Frank Pollicino - ebt12flyer

I was curious about this so I called a friend of mine who (interestingly enough) grew up next door to Bob Hoover. Bet you can guess who. Yep, B.K. himself. He said that Tom had lived in Huntingdon for a long time, but no longer lives there. Without saying where he moved to, he has moved out of Pennsylvania. BK told me he had never heard of the gent mentioned above, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. He also told me he speaks to Tom Jr. "all the time" and to Tom Sr. fairly often. He said he'd ask about it the next time they spoke if he remembered it.

Was really good talking to Bob. It had been a while.

Auto Transport Service
Back