• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay shipping

sam dupont

Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
I had one of the shippers double charge me for shipping. I printed a label and realized that I hadn't added insurance. Printed a second label, used it to ship, then two weeks later, they charged me for the label I didn't use. Thought I would alert people here to watch out.

eBay doesn't mind, they get 10% of the overcharge.

Last edited:
Using ebay for 20 years they seem to make it less user friendly with their friggin updates. I don't use their labels printing my own and I add shipping fees in the price (list as free shipping) often reducing what I'd like for the item cuz of stupid shipping costs. I take to the shipper and add any insurance there.

They (eBay, Fedex, and UPS) claim the labels are inert until scanned.

Starting this year, I added lines to my ledger book to show what I paid and what was the actual charge billed. So far, they've all been accurate, some were even lower than the "quote". This hiccup was a $30 bill. I caught it when I tried to add it a second time to the "actual charge" line for that shipper. The charges were one week apart.

Auto Transport Service
Back