• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebelbrock power pack combo kit?

iraqivet01

Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this kit for my 440. Any suggestion on what type of rocker. And will the stock bottom end be able to handle it.( cast iron crank, rods, piston) without futher modifications or forging.

Don't plan on going any higher than posted HP due to it will be for strckly street use

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-2087/

If the stock bottom end is in good shape, then you'll have no problems. Perhaps the worst thing may be low compresion. Year of engine dependent.
On rockers, the OE Hyd. rockers will bolt on without issue, for an upgrade, theres a few companies out there offering roller rockers to bolt on. Comp Cams offeres roller rockers with the correct adjuster to simply bolt on, adjust and go. Hugesengines(.com) is another.

I am looking at the same kit for my 440,I have a 69 440 out of a dodge charger,there is also a company called prw that alot of the guys at the performance shop I worked at swear by,they make a stainless steel 1.5 ratio rocker for like $300,If u get to the kit before i do let me know how it goes,edelbrock also recommends new pushrods for the kit.

Auto Transport Service
Back