• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock carb jets, needle valves

PlymCrazy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
My cars all have Edelbrock carbs. A 1405, 1411 and an 1806. (2) of those (3) carbs I have to do some experimenting with the setup on. Is there a kit or kits you'd recommend that have a common assortment of various jet sizes and needle valves to have on hand to experiment with? I have a rebuild kit on hand that should cover all (3) but I'll probably grab another (1) or (2) of them as well. Your suggestion of any other things you recommend having on hand are appreciated and welcome.

13226884_1201753099837705_8000965357365451449_n.jpg

There might be a different kit for each carb. You will need to do a little homework. Edelbrock calibration kits: Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing
Thanks Mike,
I did see that have each have their own kits but I see some guys on the inner web videos that have a what appears to be a kit that covers them all. Maybe it's something they've cobbed together over all their years doing it?

@69a100, is this considered doing my own research? LOL

Thanks you guys

I can say from experience you might want to put together a few of the kits. I have edelbrock performer 600's, 750's, 800 EPS's and have had to buy separate jets and rods, etc. All from Summit Racing. Good luck tuning! ruffcut

Whatever you do stay away from the Cheap Ebay one size fits all kits. Muscle car solutions did a compare on YouTube. The Eddy kits aint cheap and dont really interchange between carb #s. Try doing it with a Dual quad setup. $$ adds up real quick.

The biggest problem is that the different size carbs require different
jet sizes.
If you are anywhere near sea level the factory jetting is usually pretty close.
Small changes in jetting may help MPG and drivability somewhat but
a couple jet size changes are not very significant for torque or HP in
our testing.

Auto Transport Service
Back