• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 and 440/727

Hugh Camp

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Is anyone running an Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI and 440/727 in a 68-70 Charger? I need some help with kickdown geometry. Thanks

Is anyone running an Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI and 440/727 in a 68-70 Charger? I need some help with kickdown geometry. Thanks
Hello Hugh... I am in the process of fully restoring a 68 Charger RT with a 440/727 combo. It's still ongoing... about 70% done. I currently have the engine running on a test stand I built. I started out with a Holley Sniper unit about 1 1/2 years ago. I had too many EFI issues with the unit & sold it recently. I now have a Pro Flo 4 (35910 unit) on order... but with the global supply chain issues I slated to see it ship Nov. 28 this year (fingers crossed). To answer your question... it's my understanding that when any carb other than stock is used on the 440, the kick-down assembly will lose all geometry and will not work. So.... in digging out some solutions to use the Sniper unit, i went straight to Lokar. I found my solution there for the Sniper setup (throttle & kick-down cables & a bracket). Now that I'm going to the Pro Flo 4 system, I've talked to Lokar again for a solution. What we came up with (since there's no specific Pro Flo 4 bracket), is to go with their universal 4150 carb style bracket for my needs. They cannot guarantee it will work as they haven't tested it in their demo test room, but based on what I've seen with the bracket in place, it should work out very well! Take a look at the photo I've attached, and see what you think. Putting the bracket underneath the Pro Flo 4 TBI would be like adding a 3/8" spacer in my opinion (of course an extra 4-hole square bore gasket would need to be used to prevent vacuum leaks). Since the PF4 TBI is ONLY passing dry air thru it.... there shouldn't be any negative consequences in using it (in my humble opinion of course!!!). The new Lokar throttle cable & kick-down cables should work out very well... but of course I don't have them in the car yet. But on my test stand the bracket lines up very well with an Eddy Thunder Series carb I have (my original plan was to use it on my build) and the cable linkages. Hope this might help give you a bit of insight and a good option to use (again not fully tested out, but looks good so far!!!) IT'S EITHER A MOPAR... OR NO CAR!!!!!!!
Lokar Throttle Cable & Kick-down Bracket.jpg

Attachments

• Lokar Throttle & Kickdown Cables Mouting Bracket for 4150 Style Carb Base - INSTALLATION INSTR...pdf
    217.2 KB · Views: 81
Since my original email.... Lokar have added 2 new throttle/kick-down cable brackets specific to the Pro Flo-4 EFI system. Check them out on Lokar's website.

Auto Transport Service
Back