• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock Thunder AVS carb single or dual feed fuel line

jamesvoodoo

Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for a little help understanding the benefits, if there are any with using a dual feed fuel line instead of a single feed fuel line on a Edelbrock thunder series carb
I will be adding a Thunder 1806 to my motor and noticed that this series supports both dual and single feed. Edelbrock states that only under heavy usage (racing) would there be any noticeable difference with the dual feed. And that most people buy/use single feed

Anybody have any experience or insight into benefits or disadvantages to using a dual vs a single feed fuel line

thanks

i don't see any benefit. the passage in the carb between the 2 needle and seats is already 5/16" i.d., the same i.d. as 3/8" fuel line. i think more gimmick than substance.

I did it cause I like the way it looked.
Doug

Attachments

• racecar 474.jpg
    racecar 474.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 985
I'd have to second what lewtot184 said but dvw showed the other aspect of it.

If you like the look I would go for it, but a single feed should support the full capacity of the carb. The performance benefits of a dual feed are probably minimal but not everything we do is for absolute performance.

Well said multiB's. The dual feed is of help on the extreme end of the performance side. It take a good bit of engine to suck a carb dry (or lean) when it is being properly backed by a good fuel system.

Well said multiB's. The dual feed is of help on the extreme end of the performance side. It take a good bit of engine to suck a carb dry (or lean) when it is being properly backed by a good fuel system.

Mine makes somewhere around 875. Most guys are running Holleys at this power level. Car pulls hard at the top. It's been 147+
Doug

I'm running single fuel inlet on an 1806 with a 383, regulate it at 5psi and it runs well. The benefit of running both is more fuel volume and flow when needed. You won't need it with a single 650cfm carb in most situations.

Does it NEED it?
Don't know to be honest. I'd bet not but it cost nothing except the fittings. It would be more critical with a single carb. For a given power level you need X amount of fuel. With 2 carbs each carb only needs to supply 50%.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back