• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock Torker (1) Intake?

Zeppelin264

Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has run this intake in the past? I got one with the engine I just picked up and I think I'll give it a try but I cant seem to find much info online about it. It's this or a Holley Street Dominator that I've been running for a while now. Just trying to see if they are worth even trying or just scrap it and forget about it.

My buddy and his Dad ran it back in the day and it was a pretty good intake.

The early torker was a smaller port version of the tm7 tarantula. Both were state of the art at the time, and still pretty darn good yet today. If you dont want it, DONT scrap it. Probably worth $100.

Did a google search, found a hot rod magazine manifold test from 2014, the torker was the winner of the test, that included a m1, a street dominator and a victor. Hard to believe. The torker must have matched the combo on the test engine very well.

Even though it's a single plane you'll pick up tq with it over the Holley

It is always worth trying a different intake, within reason, especially if it's sitting on the shelf, IMO.

Last edited:
Is this for a B or RB motor? The early Torker's were pretty good, the B version has a pretty big intake bolt lump into the intake port is a little limiting (I hogged out the bolt hole, welded the lump & ported the interior out). I used the Tarantula versions TM6 & TM7, (higher RPM) for both B & RB on my drag motors in the '70's & '80's. More recently my Satellite had an early Torker and 850 DP with the 500" motor, 10" converter & 4.10 gears. Worked great.

Of course it all depends on the rest of your engine/car combination is. For a moderate combination, I'd say the Torker would work about as well a more modern version of the Torker or other brands.

Thanks for all the input. This would be on a very mild 440. I'm running the Holley Sniper EFI which is why I want to stick with the single plane.

Sounds like overall its worth giving it a shot and just see how it drives. Can always swap intakes later.

there's been other threads about this in recent months, but I and a good friend have run dual planes on MPI injected engines for a couple decades combined and they work just fine. I've not run one of the newer throttle body units, but since they keep the manifold wet I don't know why dual plane won't work just as well. My 8 spark plugs have always told me my mix was very uniform and I've got the right intake for the mild engine I have (when not in the boost)

I have used the Edelbrock Torker II on a 440, using a Holley 4150 780 CFM R-3310-1, TF 727B, 4.10 489 case rear. EXCELLENT RESULTS ... crisp throttle response, decent MPG (10-12), good to 5500 RPM in my car, a 71 Dodge Charger 500, WP23U1A*******. I used the Mopar purple shaft cam...284° duration. Great street performance package
IMO, the difference between the Torker I and II, was the configuration of the runners exiting the open plenum. The Torker II had small, cast in place dams, on the floor of the plenum at the begining of the runner and had a slight narrowing of the runner at that intersect point, to help mixture velocity and distribution, especially on #5 & #7 branch to promote reasonably equal cylinder filling. The plugs will show this...
My opinion.....USE THE MANIFOLD with a similar capacity carb. Worked great then....will work great NOW...
Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back