• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Editing controls

beanhead

Straining The Limits Of Machine And Man
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
For a time, when editing a post there was an option to edit the title as well as delete the post completely. These no longer show, did you (mods) remove this feature or is it a glitch on my end? Thanks

nothing has changed recently. There is a time limit on editing. (1 week)

Was going to say the same thing as Joey....and I don't know of any mods that have the power to change how the system works. At least I do not.

....and I don't know of any mods that have the power to change how the system works.
...you grabbed the wrong keys brother...
D15175CB8AF1F2C309CBD0E4551ACA8A961D7BFB.gif

:D

... okay I think I see some of my confusion. If I post a reply on a thread someone else started, and then go to edit my post, it does give me the option to delete it. However, the system was giving me the option to edit a title of a thread that I was creating...that is not coming up now.

Dunno what to say. If you create a brand new thread and hit the post button, you can't go right back and fix the title?

Dunno what to say. If you create a brand new thread and hit the post button, you can't go right back and fix the title?
No, and I could up until recently...hmmm maybe I'll try logging off and back on and see if that helps. Thanks for the replies guys!

I've never been able to edit the title of a thread after it was posted. Misspell something and there wasn't anyway to edit. Had to notify a mod to get it corrected. The post itself can be edited for a time, Joey said a week?

I've never been able to edit the title of a thread after it was posted. Misspell something and there wasn't anyway to edit. Had to notify a mod to get it corrected. The post itself can be edited for a time, Joey said a week?
Yes you can edit a title.

DCD32626-A3A3-409F-952D-8FEC76AA87B2.png

How come someone can reply to a post change what you said. Someone changed what I said in a post in their reply post. I wasn't to happy about that someone could change any I post in their reply. My original post was unchanged. The ability to change the wording of a post in a reply could start trouble. JMO.

Yes you can edit a title.

View attachment 639075
Oh jeez what a brainfart. Ok, that's what it is it's not there when you select 'edit'...it's the 'thread tools' button that appears above the post. It disappears when you go in to edit. I knew I had done it before! Thought I was losing it(more than I already have!)

Auto Transport Service
Back