• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Efficiency of AC through its control panel.

fullmetaljacket

Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
Is it to be true that the condition/health of the AC controls in the dashboard have something to do with the efficiency/cooling capability of the AC unit other than turning it on or off?
I ask because my control slide knobs are kind of hard to slide over to the positions of cooling and or heating. Almost feels like they are being dragged through hard glue.

It could be as simple as lubricating the cable or as bad rebuilding the under dash unit. I don't know what you are working on but most Mopar systems only have one cable that closes off the heater core from the AC side. Everything else is a vacuum door operated action.

Cables stretch. My older Classic Auto Air uses the factory control sliders. It is necessary to push/close the valve near the firewall to make sure that no hot water gets through.

Auto Transport Service
Back