• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

electric choke wire

cornpicker

Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone installed an electric choke on an early car that doesn't have the wire in the harness ? Which color/wire is correct to make this work properly ? Thanks

Really all you need is a keyed 12v power source. Can use many wire sources to get the job done.

what year did they start to have a choke wire in the harness ?

Dark blue ignition run circuit in the engine harness, 12 volt side of the ballast resistor works.
Not the same as the current aftermarket choke spring heaters, the factory started using a electrically assisted choke spring heater system in '73.

Plenty of Dark blue ignition wires to ballast get burnt up. I'm not big on dragging any power from that wire than is absolutely necessary.

Plenty of Dark blue ignition wires to ballast get burnt up. I'm not big on dragging any power from that wire than is absolutely necessary.

Well, ask MaMopar why they spliced from same “network” since 73 ;)

Nothing to worry about really

What about the blue wire to the wiper motor? Will that suffice? It's a dead wire until the key is on - then 12 volts. (I'm in the process of hooking one up too.)

LOL!

Wiper harness works to its own voltage setups to change the speeds. If everybody and MaMopar itself already takes the source from where is being mentioned, why reinvent the wheel?

If the blue wire is hot when key is on ( and must be also hot in ACC ) must be the parking position on wiper, which will be off when wiper is on.

Auto Transport Service
Back