• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric choke

Huicho417

Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
I am getting ready to convert my original 318 to a four bbl carburetor. After doing some research I decided on the Edelbrock 21763 intake manifold in black. As well as the Edelbrock 14063 carburetor also powder coated black. Where is the best place to connect the positive wire for the electric choke?

It depends on the year. What year do you have?

I just used the ignition side of the ballast resistor.

I connected to the same as Don and it seems to work great. Just needs to be a place where it’s hot when the key is in the “on” position.

You can tap on to the 12 volt feed side of the regulator. It is convenient and all you need is a screw terminal end on the wire.

So the correct side to connect the choke wire would be to the driver side of the ballast resistor? The side that connects to the voltage regulator.

Yes same circuit. Verify 12 volts with the key on.

I agree with the above comments, on the ignition key side of the ballast resistor. There is a nice connector that plugs onto the ballast resistor, and then splits into two outputs, like shown in the picture. This way, you don't need to splice any wires. It may be a little hard to find, and unfortunately I can't find the part number.

IMG_3110.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back