• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric fan sensor

TN Mopar

Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
For those of you that are running electric fans, How did you run the temp sensor?
I am considering a swap to electric fans but I don't want to lose the Temp Dash gauge
This picture shows the factor temp sensor and the plugged hole on the oposite side of the radiator hose
How do I run the wiring and sensor for the electric fans?

IMG_20200225_133523306.jpg

Mine is on 2 switches for 2 speeds going through relays.I prefer manual operation.Now I have a single pusher.:thumbsup:

2.20.18 026.jpg

bumping this
I am still hoping to get a few more options on how to do this

I just used a manual switch for mine to not interfere with the temp gauge. Simple wiring with the switch hidden under the steering column.

@andyf had an adapter that goes below the thermostat I believe on one of his cars and has a port to install a temp sensor or temperature switch. A pretty clean solution.
Many of the factory cast iron water pump housings had an extra pipe plug that was unused in many models.
As far as wiring if using a switch you should still use a relay to power the fan motor.
The temperature switch pulls in the relay.
A 20 or 30amp fuse would be required.

Auto Transport Service
Back