• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric master cylinder??

Loonytoon

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
has anyone had any experience with electrically boosted master cylinders?

My roadrunner has no booster and drums all the way round and I want to do a front disk brake conversion but can’t be bothered fitting a booster and vacuume canisters to compensate for the camshaft.. looks like it will be easier to run an electric master but haven’t heard much about them.

Thanks.

....OR you use a master cylinder without a booster.

Maybe you just need to fine tune what you have.
A different bore size master cylinder. Maybe an adjustment to the pedal ratio?
I took a spare brake pedal assembly and drilled a hole above the stock hole. This increased the pedal ratio....meaning that the master cylinder pushrod moved faster for the same amount of pedal movement. It made a noticeable difference.
I have never heard of electric boosted hydraulic brakes. Locomotives may use them but cars are far simpler.
I'm unsure why you want to try something so far off the beaten path as compared to a factory proven system that you can order right this minute.

Maybe you just need to fine tune what you have.
A different bore size master cylinder. Maybe an adjustment to the pedal ratio?
I took a spare brake pedal assembly and drilled a hole above the stock hole. This increased the pedal ratio....meaning that the master cylinder pushrod moved faster for the same amount of pedal movement. It made a noticeable difference.
I have never heard of electric boosted hydraulic brakes. Locomotives may use them but cars are far simpler.
I'm unsure why you want to try something so far off the beaten path as compared to a factory proven system that you can order right this minute.
Because if I run an electric brake booster I can do away with ugly booster and vacuume canister and it will look a lot neater and easier to fit up.

These are not a new concept they have been around for many years. I’m just curious to see if anyone has fitted one to their mopar with succes.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.hotrod.com/articles/1007sr-abs-electric-power-brake-system/amp/

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Comp...r-Booster-Master-Cylinder-Disc-Drum,9643.html

WEll, I do wish you luck. I have never seen a Mopar with it but we are often behind the curve. It took our guys almost 20 years to start building rear wheel drive cars and V8 engines in cars again so we have some catching up to do.

My roadrunner has no booster and drums all the way round and I want to do a front disk brake conversion but can’t be bothered fitting a booster and vacuume canisters to compensate for the camshaft.. looks like it will be easier to run an electric master but haven’t heard much about them.

Thanks.
Watch this video before any considerations of going electric

If you want to go that route why an electric master? Totally electric brakes have been around for years.

There was a car on Fathom Works just last week that they installed electric power brakes on. They did not have room in engine compartment for a vac booster.

Thanks.
I just converted my 70 Satellite from front drums to discs with an SSBC kit and used a Right Stuff Manual Master Cylinder with 15/16" bore. The pedal is very easy to engage, not really much harder than my modern daily drivers with power/abs brake systems. Car stops great too. Before spending a ton of money on the electric booster, I would convert the fronts to disc and install a 15/16" manual master. See how that feels. Just my 2 cents.

interesting, has anybody put the bigger master on drum /drum and noticed much of a difference in stopping .

Is that a question ?

Questions have question marks at the end my friend!

Hey....You forgot the question mark again! Post #15. You forgot the commas too.
Are you okay up there? Maybe you bought the keyboard at a discount and a few keys don't work? :poke:
I don't see the value in this idea. A non power master cylinder works great as long as the pedal ratio is favorable.

I just converted my 70 Satellite from front drums to discs with an SSBC kit and used a Right Stuff Manual Master Cylinder with 15/16" bore. The pedal is very easy to engage, not really much harder than my modern daily drivers with power/abs brake systems. Car stops great too. Before spending a ton of money on the electric booster, I would convert the fronts to disc and install a 15/16" manual master. See how that feels. Just my 2 cents.

Just noticed your post and maybe you answered my question. I know it sounds simple and too easy of a fix, but can I just remove the booster on a power disc/manual conversion kit, leave every thing else the same - pedal ratio, proportion valve, master cyl size - and end up with good brakes, or am I missing something.

Just noticed your post and maybe you answered my question. I know it sounds simple and too easy of a fix, but can I just remove the booster on a power disc/manual conversion kit, leave every thing else the same - pedal ratio, proportion valve, master cyl size - and end up with good brakes, or am I missing something.
I'm in the same boat as you about six months later now and I see no one has answered that post yet what did you end up doing

Auto Transport Service
Back