• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical help

Loulang

Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
Is there anybody with a lot of experience on the electrical system for a 66 charger that would be willing to help me out. I have a couple short videos of what is going on if somebody would be willing to text me. Just sent me a private message. I’m trying to do this build all myself it is sentimental to me and my father would be disgusted at me if I paid somebody.

Post them up here. We're all about helping.

It’s hard to explain and I don’t know how to post a video. I will try to explain, when I pull my light switch every light flickers and I hear clicking just for about a second or 2 then the lights just stay on. I’ve replaced all the engine bay and headlight wiring harness I’ve replaced relays with the newer style and I’ve replaced the voltage meter. I’m probably just gonna have to replace all the dash wiring because it was hacked up when I got it and I’m horrible with electrical wiring.

Last edited:
I’m thinking it has something to do with my motors, if I unplug headlight motor harness by the battery it doesn’t do it

Your headlight buckets needs to be fully opened and touch the limit switches or the motors will attempt to run. Again both switches need to be pressed.

It sounds like the motors are drawing too much current and then tripping the circuit breaker.
The breaker is in the kick panel by your left foot on the driver's side.

Yes I do. I specialize in the first gen electrical system as well as the clusters, power packs, El system, clocks. I'm happy to help when I get back into town. Todds Restorations Todd

Auto Transport Service
Back