• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical mystery: What are these?

d9103365

Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
I have a 77 Cordoba 400 4BBL bone stock - with lean burn. I found these two connections that were just hanging there near the coil. the first is a ring connector that looks like it should connect directly to the coil. The other is a male/female plug that is just hanging..I couldn't find anything to connect it to. Does anyone have any idea what these connections are for?

Attachments

• DSCN1348.jpg
    DSCN1348.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN1349.jpg
    DSCN1349.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 218
I cant seem to find the 77 but this diadram is a 76 should be very close Hope this helps you.. Ron.
76CordobaA.gif

first wire goes to your negative side of your coil, the second wire is to hook up to your distributor (now if its from your distributor.. it attaches to an identical connector that is on your wiring harness and lead to your ECU)

Attachments

• 76CordobaAa.jpg
    76CordobaAa.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 187
the second wire looks like it is coming from the a/c for the fan clutch.

the black wire "above" his hand is the A/C compressor clutch wire.. the one in between his fingers are either "to" or "from" his distributor

Auto Transport Service
Back