• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical wiring theory for race cars.

Some good info and hardware. Would be nice if they offered a relay box as well.

I am not an electrical engineer or even close but looking at the drawing see two things that I would question. Hopefully, someone can enlighten me.
1.Grounds - both grounds are tied together at the battery which makes them common to each other. Since the battery is not a filtering device, how can either be considered "clean" or "dirty" when tied together?
2. Power - Again, both connections are common at one point, the battery. I can understand the statement about voltage drop if a portion of the feed is common and away from the battery but wouldn't that be more likely if the common segment is insufficient to carry the current? If properly sized, wouldn't the battery itself be the cause of the drop in voltage therefore effecting all devices?
Just asking.
New Picture.png

"I think" because it's direct current, and since DC only travels in one direction the "dirty stuff" won't contaminate the "clean side" because there are two separate paths, one for the digital stuff and one for the rest of the stuff? The electrons flow out do their work and head back home, they don't cross paths until their back to the battery and I guess the dirty stuff won't survive the trip through the plates.."I think"?

Auto Transport Service
Back