• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electricians will get this.

beanhead

Straining The Limits Of Machine And Man
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
Just happened to notice this during the ending credits of the movie "The Great Outdoors"....

20220919_180143.jpg

images(9).jpg

:rolleyes:

Careful! I didn't think we could have any more Nippells.
There was a big push to get rid of that terminology going back to the '90's......no more nipples, cocks, plugs, male & female bushes, shafts, screws etc.

Now we have a society full of people who don't know if they're male, female or a toaster. :rolleyes:

Okay, I held this one back trying not to offend.. But this thread needs it....

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 4.21.45 PM.png

Being a lineman I thought might get it. But not sure about the best boy part. All the other termination I got.

The OP posted a picture from the end credits of a movie or TV show. There are a lot of weird titles in play in the entertainment industry.
Key grip? Best boy? Gaffer?

There was a big push to get rid of that terminology going back to the '90's......no more nipples, cocks, plugs, male & female bushes, shafts, screws etc.

Now we have a society full of people who don't know if they're male, female or a toaster. :rolleyes:
We have kids up here in schools called " Furries ". They think they are animals. Special bathroom for them with sawdust/kitty litter on the floor to accommodate their toiletry needs. No joke!

Being a lineman I thought might get it. But not sure about the best boy part. All the other termination I got.
Wondered that myself, so I looked it up:
  • Best Boy Electric: In this position, you serve as the second-in-command to the gaffer, who is the chief lighting technician and head electrician on a film set. The best boy electric performs tasks like managing lighting inventory and unloading electrical equipment.

So for those that might be thinking "what the hell is this about", a chase nipple is a random piece of electrical gizmotry...the electrician in the credits obviously had the typical goofnut sense of humor:p
Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 18-23-52 chase nipple Iron Chase Nipples Products PLATT ELECTRIC SUPPLY.png

The OP posted a picture from the end credits of a movie or TV show. There are a lot of weird titles in play in the entertainment industry.
Key grip? Best boy? Gaffer?
LOL...before going into the electrical trade I worked as a stagehand, which consisted of lots of different jobs over the years. During the first few years when I was still low on the totem-pole, I was a "grip"....people would see that in a movie credit and ask what it meant. I'd tell them it's a person that literally "grips" stuff.
"Hey you, move this box over there!" or "take these cables and run them up that stairwell"...basically an industry code word for knuckle-dragging laborer!

:rofl:

We have kids up here in schools called " Furries ". They think they are animals. Special bathroom for them with sawdust/kitty litter on the floor to accommodate their toiletry needs. No joke!
My local high school just installed a 3rd gender toilet block earlier this year for the "Not sures" :rolleyes:

As a Taxpayer, I am outraged at that.

So for those that might be thinking "what the hell is this about", a chase nipple is a random piece of electrical gizmotry...the electrician in the credits obviously had the typical goofnut sense of humor:p
View attachment 1348406
...giving a smooth path of entry for cables being passed through it into a conduit system. :thumbsup:

Until you discover that some wise-*** has left a lump of tallow half-way along the conduit run. :lol: It happens....some prick left one for me.

There are so many fun things in the electrical world! So many bad jokes that can be made, probably why most of us in the trade are immature (not that that’s a problem)

Let me just get my snake out. :lol:
Need strippers? How about the lube for your wire?

I use to wire houses until a month ago, now I’m selling parts. A lady came in needing the wire lube, she’s was so embarrassed and trying to avoid the word “lube”:rofl:

Need strippers? How about the lube for your wire?

I use to wire houses until a month ago, now I’m selling parts. A lady came in needing the wire lube, she’s was so embarrassed and trying to avoid the word “lube”:rofl:
Oh yeah....I got me a big bottle of Pulling Lube. I might be getting a 5-gallon bucket of it in November - I have a really big pull booked then. :rofl:

I'll be running a set of 300mm Ali singles plus a 70mm earth through a 200m x 150mm duct.

Gonna need a few cable trailers, and a loader to pull......maybe an extra 'Best Boy' or two also. I'll have to make sure I don't get sand on my cable. :lol:

BTW....LMK if you need translation on those sizes.....those will be my biggest cables pulled to date. :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back