• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Emergency brake parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmachine

Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for the intermediate hook and associated bracket. 1969 coronet 2 door ht. Pic included.

IMG_6692.PNG IMG_6693.PNG

Not how a '69 Ebrake cable runs! There should be a guide welded under the body for the front cable to go through and line up with the inner frame rails junction spot at the back.
beerestowaynebodyshopvisits 091.JPG
beerestoration2018 769.JPG
beerestoration2018 770.JPG
beerestoration2018 552.JPG

Thanks. I think I'm missing most of those parts. Will double check. Great looking car.

That is a beautiful job you are doing! My Mom's kitchen counter isn't that pristine looking!

I have some of those related parts. The equalizer bracket as seen in the last pic in reply #2, the clips that secure the e brake cables to the frame rail bracket, the floor board cable guide (seen in first pic in reply #2) and the main cable that runs from the ratchet mechanism to the equalizer bracket. I also have the clip that bolts to the floor board that suspends the rear RH e brake cable.

The hook that you show in your opening post is for 71 and up B Body.

It may be a duplicate thread -- but I will answer this thread here --
The mail order world "Hawks" some very Chineseum cheesy thin emergency brake cables...
I make them juicy thick -- like originals.....

Always best to simply call me --- Craig ---
516 - 485 - 1935 ....New York...

It may be a duplicate thread -- but I will answer this thread here --
The mail order world "Hawks" some very Chineseum cheesy thin emergency brake cables...
I make them juicy thick -- like originals.....

Always best to simply call me --- Craig ---
516 - 485 - 1935 ....New York...
Hey Craig I was looking at inline tube. What’s your opinion on them?

No "opinion" necessary. They ARE a Johnny - come - lately new - fangled outfit that is a Chineseum parts selling universal parts type of place.....
If they have something for you that looks like it might have value -- well, then, That could be a good thing -- sometimes, even universal Chineseum garbage could be better than nothing..
I wouldn't risk my life (it IS brakes!!!) on anything important or critical....that's for sure.
I personally wouldn't use anything from them or their competitors, unless I were desperate....
I would ALWAYS prefer to go with 100 % correct parts.

No "opinion" necessary. They ARE a Johnny - come - lately new - fangled outfit that is a Chineseum parts selling universal parts type of place.....
If they have something for you that looks like it might have value -- well, then, That could be a good thing -- sometimes, even universal Chineseum garbage could be better than nothing..
I wouldn't risk my life (it IS brakes!!!) on anything important or critical....that's for sure.
I personally wouldn't use anything from them or their competitors, unless I were desperate....
I would ALWAYS prefer to go with 100 % correct parts.
You have a website I can look at the e brake cables you sell? Thanks. Erik.

NO --- I Don't even have a computer -- hence, can't have a website. I am an old school dinosaur -- and proud of it.... So no new-fangled methodology...
I don't sell some Chinese cables -- I MAKE them... So
They are absolutely Very Very U.S.A.

Two out of three are the same on a 1970, the Right Rear being different..,
The Forward Cable for 1967 - 1970 All is a 2512
The Left Rear Cable for 1966 & 1967 - 1970 All is a 2550
The Right Rear Cable for 1967 - 1969 All is a 2658
However, the Right Rear Cable for a 1970 is a 2780

I do have them ALL, nice and juicy thick, like the originals......
Yours, Craig.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back