• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emergency brake Spring - help

Bats5

Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help. i am rebuilding the entire brake system on my 1969 Satellite. i took the emergency brake pedal assembly apart to change the cable. the one time i did not take a picture before doing so, and now i can't figure out where the spring that pulls the pedal back up goes. Not the spring for the relase hanlde mechanism, but the e-brake pedal itself.

I looked all over the internet and searched this as well with no luck. Any help or a picture would be great.

Thank you in advance!

Hoping someone can help. i am rebuilding the entire brake system on my 1969 Satellite. i took the emergency brake pedal assembly apart to change the cable. the one time i did not take a picture before doing so, and now i can't figure out where the spring that pulls the pedal back up goes. Not the spring for the relase hanlde mechanism, but the e-brake pedal itself.

I looked all over the internet and searched this as well with no luck. Any help or a picture would be great.

Thank you in advance!
There is none. Its all in the cables.

that would make sense, seeing that i could find no picture or indication in the service manual. means I have an extra spring that i have no idea where it goes ;).

thank you.

that would make sense, seeing that i could find no picture or indication in the service manual. means I have an extra spring that i have no idea where it goes ;).

thank you.
Post a picture of the spring in question and maybe someone can tell you where it goes.

IMG_1413.jpeg

IMG_1414.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back