• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

end of my rope

doug glenn

Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
anyone ever converted a 62-65 cableshift 727 to later model input shaft? i swapped input shaft/reverse clutch retainer,stator support,&front clutch drum from a 71-727a in order to use a torque converter i already had.engine was down for freshening when i noticed bad converter(reason for the swap). tranny was rebuilt before teardown & worked great. seals are good,clutches new-correct clearances. trouble is tranny wont upshift from 2 to 3 unless i push shifter into nuet. then back to d. also kickdown runaway. throttle linkage adjustment has no effect on problem. help!!! it will shift properly the first time out of driveway(very sloppy), after that problem shows up.

Did you not get a satisfactory answer in any of the other threads about this?

I reread your post just now, and I'm thinking a friend had a similar problem with a Max Wedge car. Seems the problem was with the shifter cable adjustment, but I'm not 100% sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back