• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enforce or ignore.....

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
On another forum that I frequent, I posted a new thread and I would bump the thread to the top 2-3 times a day. The thread was closed because I "bumped" it and only paid members are allowed to do this once every so many days. Now I'm not a paying member, but have bought stuff from the forum to help the site keep going, just as other members have. So I asked the mod why it was closed and he gave a very good reason, one of which I didn't think about, I was good with that. I didn't read the rules in total detail and as a result got stung, ok, rules are rules. Now here is my GRIPE!!!!!

If rules are in place for the forum, for everyone to follow, than damn well better enforce the friggin' rules and dont pick and choose. I pointed out a few rule bends, and I was told I could report this to the mods as they cant watch everything all the time. I said I would them do their jobs.

Now all this conversation was done very respectful on both sides, so I dont feel angst towards anyone, JUST ENFORCE THE RULES ON EVERYONE IF RULES ARE GONNA BE ENFORCED!!!!!! Rant over and I feel better now.

Just IMO, but 2-3 times A DAY, seems excessive.

Once every 2-3 days to add info again, IMO, would probably be a little easier to tolerate.

Your right, it was excessive and that's why it was closed. I don't have a problem with that. Just enforce the RULES FOR EVERYONE and not turn a blind eye to others That is what got me all peppered up.

Just my two cents, it's just like you have stated "mods as they cant watch everything all the time". We try to do our best, but there's some that slip through the cracks. We can't be on here 24/7, just saying.

I gotcha. My ranting is over......now we move on.

Auto Transport Service
Back