• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine back in

Vanderstel

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
After what seemed like, forever, the engine and trans are rebuilt and back the car. It took two of us and some carful maneuvering but we got it, engine and trans went in together. I did take the hood off, but it's back on and seams seem properly aligned.

Now for everything else, kinda like the finish work, for those that build houses. Anyway, I'm liking it, I feel like I'm getting somewhere.... finally. 67 Satellite, 318, 727.

Once things are running smooth, vintage AC goes on and power brakes and disk brakes and a rear end rebuild and .....

First start, in a few weeks.

IMG_5446.JPG-1.jpeg

Nice. Which headers did you go with?

After what seemed like, forever, the engine and trans are rebuilt and back the car.
Congratulations!

Building a car is a marathon, not a sprint. Just keep chipping away at it regularly, and before you know it, you'll be done.

:thumbsup: congrats and have fun

Looking great! Keep a check list and as you check items off it helps you to see how close to the finish line you are. Soon enough you'll be firing it up.

congrats, good accomplishment

I like to leave the hood off for a week or two and several test runs.
So much easier to check for leaks, it stays cooler and you can check everything for tightness after a few heat cycles.
Besides people think you are kind of crazy if you drive around with no hood, I like that.
-sJ0k-OaP7l9LYWmvuwuwJxj9QH2Db5QibjydrK3FI5C5BsIaett2_-3fooP1uvofeNdHJ8=w1523-h903-no?authuser=0.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back