• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

engine build 225 slant six 67 belvedere

67belvedere/225

Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
just put the bottom end together , and installed double roller timing chain.shaved head .100
cc'd the head and block . 9.1 compression , 268 solid cam. twin carbs webbers and headers
heres the short block

IMG_4113.jpg IMG_4118.jpg IMG_3752.JPG IMG_4116.jpg

Nice, I'm a big fan of the good 'ol slant.

can't wait to peel some rubber , i never hopped up a six so I'm curious about the sound .
i have a x pipe and going to bring it to one muffler then duals out the side if i can , i like the look of the side cut pipes , we will se when time comes to crossing that bridge.

Hum,Lets see if I can get you a sound bite

Very cool!!!

The first motor I tore down was a 225 in a 1979 Volare wagon. Pulled the head to replace valve seals when I was 16, tanked it, reused old hardware, cleaned valves and cleaned up ports. Solid lifter motor so I adjusted valves too. Motor far outlasted the body. Great runners and seemed to be pretty forgiving. Leaning Tower of Power!!!!!

i got the the alternator form a the local rebuilder , a delco ,one wire pos to batt . i used the bracket from the dodge diplomat and it lined right up . i just made a spacer for the lower pivot bolt and its fine
next weekend going to rewire it and get the distributor in .hopefully soon will tow it back to my shop and make the exhaust system .

IMG_4311.jpg IMG_4312.jpg IMG_4313.jpg IMG_4314.jpg

Nice build! And also thanks to Darter6 for the Sound Bite... i remember a '76 GoldDuster i had; my sister's first comment on her first ride in it... "This thing sounds like my airplane at full song"

Just read my tag line at the bottom of this post, it says it all!

A buddy of mine has a note on his Slant car,,, Mopar's other engine with spark plug tubes !

I found a ford oil ps gauge that fit where the amp meter went, and removed the oil light and installed
(with great difficulty) a voltmeter in it s place
so now I have full gauge dash

IMG_4396.JPG IMG_4397.JPG IMG_4398.JPG IMG_4399.JPG

started the exhaust getting some more stainless pipe next week. i'm going to break in the engine with the front pipe on then replace it and add 2 racing cats to keep it smelling nice out the back , long gone are the days of good gas,the last of it here was sunoco super it smelled so sweet and didn't stink

IMG_4442.jpg IMG_4437.jpg

Nice build! I love the slant six. I drove a super six 225 in my 68 valiant 2dr sedan for years.

Keep up the good work!

the exhaust is done , now to get the linkage done for the kick down and then starter her up

IMG_4498.JPG IMG_4499.JPG IMG_4500.JPG IMG_4501.jpg IMG_4502.jpg IMG_4503.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back